Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not Great with Keeping In Touch...

We typically know our weaknesses all too well and yet are rarely willing to admit them out loud to others.  For those of you who know me well, it comes as no surprise to you at all that one of my grand weaknesses is long-distance communication.  I am not good at keeping in touch.  It has nothing to do with the person on the other side of the telephone or email.  It's not a lack of wanting to stay connected.  It's not even a matter of intention (my intentions are SO good to keep up with you!).  Nope, it's simply me.  The truth is that I have never liked the telephone (a surprise even to me, for I love people and talking), and I am always absorbed with what I am doing at that particular moment so that when the phone rings, it seems like a distraction to answer.

And so, with this weakness now publically admitted, it is time to make a shot at change.  The Gospel makes it clear that there is no area of life where change is impossible, with God.  Who knew that I would eventually realize my need to apply the Gospel to staying connected with friends and family.  This is not my attempt at perfectly informing you, for that will surely not happen.  This is simply a step in the right direction.

A window into our world!  What HAS been going on with the Belknaps?!  Well, the answer is "so much!"  So much in fact, that John teases me that I'll never have time to write about it because we never seem to slow down from doing it!

I hope to go back in time and fill you in some of our dating stories, stories from these first eight months of marriage, as well as take you along as the coming months unfold with new adventures, challenges, and changes.

Stay tuned...a blog is born...and we have many adventures to share!